Student Resources - Job Placement
> Return to Student Resources
LWIT’s workforce education advisor/employment provides a no-cost link between employers who wish to hire students and students who are actively seeking full or part-time employment. The advisor and the program instructor work as a team to provide up-to-date information about employment opportunities to students. Employment assistance is available to all LWIT students. While the LWIT Employment Advisor pursues job placement for graduates, job placement is not guaranteed.
- Job orders are posted daily on the "Employment Opportunities Bulletin Boards" located in Mustang Alley in Building #3 and are forwarded to program instructors for posting in the classroom.
- Employment opportunities are received from a variety of sources such as government agencies, local hospitals and employment agencies, and local large and small employers.
- Students may make direct contact with an employer to set-up an interview.
- Assistance with a job search, creating a resume, completing an application, interviewing skills, networking and more are available for current students and graduates.
- Two computers and a fax machine are available in Student Services for student use in their job search activities.