Student Resources - Students with Disabilities
> Return to Student Resources
Accommodations may be available to students with disabilities through the Specialized Student Services Department. Specialized individual assistance may include:
- Career Counseling
- Accessing Financial Aid
- Agency Referrals
- Classroom Accommodations
- Testing Accommodations
- Employability Skills
- Job Retention Skills
- Assistance with State Exams
Dual-enrollment allows 11th and 12th grade students to earn high school credit and post-secondary training in various career programs. For additional information call Lynn Bedrava at (239) 377-0913.
A self-directed assessment experience which focuses on:
- CAREER ASSESSMENT
- EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- ACADEMIC TESTING/REMEDIATION
- CAREER TRAINING EXPLORATION
- SELF-ADVOCACY SKILLS
For additional information call Mary Kelly at (239) 377-0939.
Project Explore – Moorings Park
An off campus program providing hands - on career exploration experiences and life skills instruction. For additional information call Anne Fredette at (239) 261-1616 ext. 308.
- Individuals who self-identify and have documentation of a disability. Disabilities may include:
- Learning disability
- Physical disability
- Deaf or hearing impaired
- Emotional/mental health disability
- Blind or visually impaired
- Students who are referred to LWIT through the CCPS transition process.
- Individuals who are referred by other agencies such as Vocational Rehabilitation.
If you have or think you may have a disability, please complete the Request for Accommodations Form and send to Specialized Student Servicies. For more information contact:
Diane Long (239) 377-0942
Lynn Bedrava (239) 377-0913
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR SERVICES. Coordination with other agencies maximizes opportunities available for students.